Challenge Yourself! Sunday 16 December 2018
This year the WOW Challenge and Victorian Open Water Championships will be held on Sunday the 16th December. Entries are now open. We are investing in this event and swimmers can expect an enhanced experience in 2018.
There is a WOW Challenge distance for everyone! So Register NOW and take the challenge.
Take the challenge!
Be part of a world-class open water swimming event in Williamstown, Victoria, Australia.
Join the superstars of swimming at the WOW Challenge and Victorian Open Water Championships this December.
This event attracts elite open water swimmers from all over Victoria, Australia, and the world. Be a part of it.
We invite swimmers of all ages and abilities to join us in a world-class event.
In 2018, the events on offer are:
- 750m Optus Junior Dolphin Chase the Champs - $25 @ 9.20am
- WOW Multiclass Challenge 750m - $25 @ 8.30am
- 1.2km WOW Challenge - $55 @ 10.00am
- 2.5km WOW Challenge - $55 @ 11.00am
- 5km WOW Challenge - $65 @ 8.00am
- 10km WOW Challenge - $80 @ 8.00am
- 5km Victorian Open Water Championships**
- 7.5km Victorian Open Water Championships**
- 10km Victorian Open Water Championships**
In 2018, every participant receives a FREE WOW Challenge workout singlet sewn with additional side seams to support movement and activity with a stylish athletic look.
Well done to everyone who participated in the WOW Challenge or Victorian Open Water Championships in 2017, what an achievement! Below is a link button to the event results.
Because of technical difficulties experienced by the timing officials, some 10k and 5k swimmers did not receive their split times or a finishing time in 2017.
WSLSC apologizes to anyone who did not receive a time in 2017. We take this issue very seriously and have worked with officials from Swimming Victoria and Tomato Timing to ensure that those problems do not happen again.
In 2018, we are investing heavily in this event to ensure an improved swimmer experience.
The 2018 WOW Challenge and Victorian Open Water Championship feature:
- NEW Improved course markers and sighting buoys
- Improved timing system
- NEW feeding station
- NEW Junior course markers
- Safety from Victorian and SLSA IRB champions from Williamstown S&LSC.