Our first course of the new season will be a Bronze Medallion course – starting this Sunday.
The Bronze Medallion course provides participants with the skills and knowledge required to assist with surf life saving patrol operations. Gaining your Bronze and participating in beach patrols over the summer also means you can represent the club at beach, surf and rowing carnivals.
The course will run on the following dates:
– Sunday 11th September 9:00am – 5:00pm
– Tuesday 4th October 6:00pm – 10:00pm
– Sunday 9th October 9:00am – 5:00pm
– Sunday 16th October 9:00am – 5:00pm
– Tuesday 18th October 6:00pm – 10:00pm
– Saturday 22nd October 9:00am – 5:00pm
– Sunday 23rd October 9:00am – 5:00pm (Assessment Day)
Most of the training will take place at the club and will be a mixture of theory, CPR & first aid, and beach & open water based practical activities. It would be a good idea to bring a wetsuit as the water is still quite cold. We are also planning some pool sessions at BayFit Leisure Centre Altona so that we can work on specific techniques in warmer water.
There are three pre-requisites for this course. You must be:
– 15 years or older (within 60 days of the final assessment),
– a current financial member of the club, and
– be able to swim 400m in 9 minutes or less.
You can sign up to this course by visiting https://mt.lsv.com.au/login and signing in with your SLS Members portal login details.
Interested but can’t make these dates? Please email us to let us know you are interested in doing one of our future courses – we have more courses planned for later in the season.
If you have obtained your Surf Rescue Certificate (SRC) within the last two years and are wanting to up-skill to a Bronze Medallion – wait a bit longer and enrol in an SRC to Bronze Medallion bridging course instead (details to be advised in the coming month).
If you have any questions about the course, please contact our Director of Training (Rebecca Cameron) at email@example.com