WS&LSC are running a pre-Christmas Surf Rescue Certificate (SRC) course again this year.
The SRC course provides participants with skills and knowledge of surf awareness, aquatic rescue operations and resuscitation in order to participate in lifesaving patrol operations and act in the role of Water Safety Personnel. Gaining your SRC and participating in beach patrols over the summer also means you can represent the club at beach and surf carnivals in the Under 14 age category.
The course will run on the following dates:
– Sunday 18th December 11:00am – 1:30pm
– Monday 19th December 3:00pm – 5:30pm
– Tuesday 20th December 9:30am – 2:00pm
– Wednesday 21st December 9:30am – 2:00pm
– Thursday 22nd December 9:30am – 2:00pm
– Friday 23rd December 9:30am – 2:00pm (Assessment Day)
To commence training for the Surf Rescue Certificate you must:
– Be a financial member of an SLS club;
– Be at least 13 years of age on the final assessment date (23rd December 2022) ;
– Complete an unaided swim of 200 m in 5 minutes or less (goggles and masks permitted) in a swimming pool of not less than 25 m, or over a measured open water course which will be observed prior to you undertaking any water training or assessment activities.
You can sign up to this course by visiting https://mt.lsv.com.au/login and signing in with your SLS Members portal login details.
If you have any questions about the course or difficulties enrolling, please contact our Director of Training (Rebecca Cameron) at email@example.com